There was a time when paid media was the best and the most effective way to sell our products and services. Over the last few years, the effective content marketing started to look more and more result oriented and more like publishing. Every industry understands the importance of creating own content, similar to what media companies had been doing for ages and provide better results than paying to advertisers around other people’s content.
Practically everyone understands the importance of “doing content-marketing”, but even those with documented content marketing strategies – don’t know how to align the types of content they create with their desired content marketing goals.
Here, I’m going to share my experience in Content Marketing, you should understand the importance of effective Content Marketing for your business.
I and my team have found some of the interesting techniques for you, and further you can learn more about Content Marketing also by these below links:
- How you can be a Content Marketer
- How to make your Content more Relevant in Search Engine
- Link Building Tips for Beginners
- INFOGRAPHICS: Infographics are one of the most popular types of link-building content. More than 50% SEO Experts create cornerstone infographics and more than 60% find them to be an efficient means of earning backlinks.
One of the SEO Expert once said that:
“In our outreach efforts, we’ve tried with data, video, infographics (with embed code) and many other things. It worked well, but when we tried data and stats in infographics and reaching out to share the infographics with our personalized custom description for each website, the response and success rate just exceeds all of our past results and expectation.”
The quality of the data and the topic’s relevance play a large role in how effectively your infographic earns backlinks. To learn more about creating Infographic, then you can check the below link:
- 7 Principles of creating Great Infographics
- WHITE PAPERS: To build high-quality link network, you need to start with something worth linking to, which means creating great cornerstone content – that is so rich you can repurpose it and use it to engage customers throughout your sales funnel and to encourage a variety of actions.
But what is writing a White paper? A Whitepaper is a persuasive, authoritative, in-depth report on a specific topic that presents a problem and provides a solution. Marketers create whitepapers to educate their audience about a particular issue or explain and promote a particular methodology. When it comes for commercial purposes, it could influence the decision-making process of current and prospective customers.
“Our best way to create a high link profile for our websites is simply by creating great, unique content – that is very informational so that our readers succeed in their business, articles that cover unique information and are worthy of being shared. Great content is the most natural way to earn links.
We also link internally to older articles if they offer added value for our readers or more information on the topic they are interested in. This helps us with User/Reader engagement.”
- DATA/RESEARCH: It’s OK to do promotion to tell people about your content, but if you can only get links by offering money to people or other big incentives, then you’re likely doing it wrong. One of the best ways to get links is to publish original research. That’s not that hard to do.
How will you use Data and Research to build links?
- Great Premise: First, you need to ask Questions that is burning your audience members’ minds and create something they want to share, tweet, and reference. This idea will impact many readers to engage with you.
- Credibility: Establish yourself in your niche before making authority contributions. You may need to create multiple reports before you start turning heads.
- Pre-Business market tests: Now it’s time to test the potential value of an idea. Test consumers interest online to check what information’s they are searching for?
- Clear Content Strategy: At the end, you have to plan with all your content or information. Before you begin, figure out the goal of your survey, how you plan to use the data and what impact you wish your survey will give you.
- VIDEOS: Videos are the best way to marketing your content. More than 60% SEO experts used Video Content for link building.
How you can use Videos to build links:
- Address Customers Directly to the point: Creating a right video with specific information are more likable to bring more traffic to your site. Providing the appropriate information to your audience is important.
- Building Your Brand: Videos are the best source of creating awareness in the world. Keep HD content that your viewers can recognize.
- Optimize Your Videos: On YouTube, you should verify your account, including custom thumbnails and summaries of your videos.
- Promote Your Videos: Promotion is the main agenda in marketing. To bring much more traffic you can share your videos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other platforms.
- MAKE VIRAL CONTENT: If you have a crazy mind that always thinks of something fishy or making a joke of someone, then most probably on the Internet a Viral Content is always liked by the audience. Viral content is not for the long-term purpose, but if you can write Viral Content on your favorite Actor/Actress, Businessman, Politicians or making a funny video can lead to high traffic. For example, in India – Lshokeen Films, presented by Lalit Shokeen makes interesting videos on Haryana culture and is mostly liked and shared by the millions of people. SoSorry – An animated film based on political activities that are also liked and shared by many peoples.
- GUIDES & EBooks: Guides and EBooks are mostly downloaded and shared by lots of peoples. For example, an EBook on Geography and History can be useful for competitive students – who are preparing for the Competition Exams. Most of the peoples try to purchase an EBook rather than purchasing a Hard Cover. It costs less and very useful.
The Benefits of Using Content Marketing:
- INCREASE THE RELEVANCY & EFFECTIVENESS OF YOUR CONTENT: When you are publishing a Rich Media post that is very much information to your native audience, then there are many chances to engage your customer for a long time. A good information brings more relevancy and more traffic to your blog.
- CUSTOMER DATA: Content Marketing optimization and analytics tools track and measure content consumption across multiple touch points. Metrics show results – how many pages viewed, source/medium, time spent on a page, and much more. By automating the process, data can be integrated with CRM and marketing automation systems to enhance prospect data.
- GROW SOCIAL SHARINGS & ENGAGEMENTS: Get more professional and engage more and more customers via social platforms (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram) which will result in Brand Awareness and loyalty towards your Business. A good content is always liked and shared by viewers in social platforms.
- COST EFFECTIVE: When doing everything online, then it may cost you low as compared to the offline By sending the right information to the right person at the right time through preferred channels, helps you in cost management.
Those who focus their energy ontelling good stories, no matter on which platform or in what context, will win in the long run.
If you have any great examples I’ve missed, then you can share with us in the below comment section.