This is a time of the Internet. Everyone uses the Internet on mobile phones or laptops. With the increase of Internet users, businesses are also growing and speeding up their services. Later everyone uses the old or traditional method of marketing which is now being used by very small business stores. Here, in this article, we’re taking a step to make you understand the “Difference between Traditional marketing & Digital marketing”.
Before understanding the differences between Digital marketing and traditional marketing, take a look at the meanings:
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the set of techniques which is required to market any business products or services on the Internet and directly to the user’s mobile phones, desktops or even laptops.
Here you can learn about the Importance of Digital Marketing:
What is Traditional Marketing?
Traditional marketing as we know the old form of marketing, where a business uses newspapers, banners, hoarders, billboards, a radio ads form of marketing. We all are familiar with this type of marketing.
What is the difference between Digital Marketing & Traditional Marketing?
- Cost Difference: Advertising your products through newspapers or television charges more to the sellers as compared to digital marketing. On the other hand, Digital Marketing is managed in one place. To market, your products or services is easier and saves your time and money both.
- Methods of Advertising: Both traditional and digital marketing provides different platforms for advertising products. Digital marketing provides following platforms to marketers:
- Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Email Marketing
- Google AdWords – Paid Marketing
Whereas Traditional marketing provides following advertising platforms:
- Magazine Ads
- Billboard Advertising
- Flyers, Radio
- Modern & Old Technique: Digital marketing is a modern technique and is in trending. The reason is everything is going online these days. More than half of the population uses the internet, so targeting the people through different online platforms is more effective these days. Traditional marketing is an old method of advertising. However, we cannot say that it is not in fashion. People are still using this method of marketing.
- Quick and Real-Time result: Nowadays, everyone business wants a quick and real-time result. Digital marketing provides the facility to marketers to have the real-time result of their efforts within no time. Through digital marketing, you can check the number of visitors within a specific time. Not only this, you can also check out the visitor’s day wise or weekly also. In addition, digital marketing allows marketers to analyze bounce rate also.
- Direct interaction & communication with the customer: Customers are at the heart of any business. Without them, your business and marketing efforts are useless. Digital marketing allows you to have a direct interaction with your customers. It provides a number of facilities to marketers to have a better communication with your customer. It removes the entire intermediary between seller and the customer. Moreover, you can have a direct interaction with people living in any corner of the world. Whereas traditional marketing does not allow to have a direct and detailed communication with your customers.
- Easy analysis: Analysis of marketing strategies can easily be done through digital marketing. Digital marketing allows you to do deeply analyze the results of your strategies. Moreover, you can also do analysis at which time more people visited your products. In other words, you can find out the best time of day for marketing your products and services. On the other hand, traditional marketing does not provide fast, easy, and detailed analysis of your marketing efforts. Moreover, after implementing a specific strategy, you have to wait for the result before moving towards next step.
Best 5 Mind-Blowing Facts about the Digital Marketing:
- Target huge audience: Digital marketing allows marketers to target large audience within low time. Marketers can attract the customers from any part of the world through digital marketing.
- Free marketing: You will be surprised to know that digital marketing is very cheap. That is why it is also called FREE MARKETING. Many platforms provide the facility to sellers to market their products free of cost.
Marketers in traditional marketing are finding out ways to reduce their cost. In addition, digital marketing is providing free platforms to market your products and services. So, it makes clear that digital marketing is leading traditional marketing.
- Attract customers easily: According to an estimate, more than 50% people are using the internet. In addition, today’s generation is spending twice the time on the internet as compared to last four to five years.
Therefore, using the digital marketing platforms will attract a larger audience. Moreover, it is the easiest way of attracting people in today’s era.
- Remove geographical boundaries: Digital marketing removes all the geographical boundaries that act as a hurdle in traditional marketing. Now customers can easily access the sellers that are far away from its place. Same is the case with sellers. In other words, marketing and selling the products to a customer that lives in a different geographical area is no more difficult.
- Success is granted: No doubt, it is an era of technology. Every person has an internet connection and a device to visit online platforms.
Now the point is when everything is going online and digital, ‘why to choose traditional marketing?’
Now if you’ve understood the differences then start your blogging/website journey and find new customers and make more sales. Here, learn about –
Do you have questions about Digital Marketing & Traditional Marketing?
Finding out the best strategy is really a difficult job. No doubt, digital marketing is more used and famous technique of marketing in this era. But we cannot say that traditional marketing is no more. There are still some people, who still believe that traditional marketing is the best way of marketing your products. In addition, few multinational companies are also following traditional marketing along with digital marketing. Yes! You can follow both the strategies at the same time. In fact, following both the strategies together will give you the mind-blowing results.
So, start implementing both the strategies of marketing (Digital Marketing & Traditional Marketing) to market your products and services.
In the end, if you have any questions or suggestions on the Difference between Digital Marketing & Traditional Marketing, then you can comment down below. If you liked it then feel free to share with your social networks.