New to Social Networking? Guess what, you are in a right place. Here you can know about all the necessary details you should have knowledge of to get started with social networking.
What is Social Networking?
According to WhatIs.com:Social networking is the practice of expanding the number of one’s business and/or social contacts by making connections through individuals, often through social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Social Networking is a platform where you to meet new peoples with similar interests and expresses yourself to the world. Attending anything which is concerned with creating a network socially is a type of social networking only. Basic components of social networking websites are -:
- PUBLIC PROFILE: The public profile is the component through which you describe who you are, digitally to the world. Your profile includes your necessary information like your photo, friends, biography, likes/dislikes, follower, your interests, news feedand sometimes questions that illustrate and glimpse your personalities like your favorite Artist, Characters, Heros or author.
- FRIENDS & FOLLOWERS:Your friends and followers are the main components of social networking. They are those people whom you trust and let them upload comments on your profile, see all your posts and send messages, chats with you, tags you in memes and much more.
- DAILY FEEDS:As you all know the main motive of social networking is to stay connected and to interact with other individuals, the home feed or main home page of every social networking website shows you all the live updates of people who are in your network or friend list.
- INTERESTS:Networking sites allow you to follow and get’s daily feeds of your interests like – Music, Singers, Sports Players, Anchors, Dramatics, Education, Sports, Politics, health & fitness, and the list goes on. A main focus of the websites is to make the maximum interaction between people using it, which can be possible through comments.
- GROUPS:In some of the social networks, there are groups for different types of flavor, taste, and interests people have which will help you find people who have similar interests like you. You can figure out about your interests too through groups. You can also notify other people about your post by tagging them too as most of the social networks have this feature to let people connect with others. You can tag people by putting a hashtag sign (#) before mentioning the name of your friends whom you wanna tag.
Why should we start social networking platforms?
Everyone has different reasons to start his Social Networking Journey. From the view of an Individual, Social Networking gives you platforms to express your thoughts, activities, likes/dislikes, sharing information and interacting with peoples. And, on the other side, Social Networking is very much useful for business – they can target their niche audience and saves time and money on marketing and even build the strong relationships with new customers and makes a Brand in everyone’s eyes.
Social Networking is a very crucial tool for doing promotional activities for businesses, writers, artists, personalities, and individuals etc.
How to get started with Social Networking?
First of all, before getting started with Social Networking, we should keep in mind our motive behind starting it. There can be many motives (constructive and sometimes destructive too) behind starting social networking and others different motive, there are different social networking websites present. So here are few of the motives and websites suited for them -:
- Facebook:If you just want to stay connected with your friends and family members you can join Facebook. Facebook’s motive is to help people to share anything they want to and get the world connected. Facebook is for people who wanna stay connected with friends and family and who wanna discover what’s happening in the world and to let them share whatever interests them.
- LinkedIn: Launched in 2003, LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with more than 433 million members in 200 countries and territories around the globe.Its motive is to connect all the professionals present in the world for making them successful and increasing their skills. People who join LinkedIn gets automatic access to jobs, news, people, updates, and insights help them in improving their skills in the field they choose.
- Twitter:Twitter is one of the most demanding and popular social media networks than Facebook. It is most popular in the news and social networking services where user posts and interact with messages called “TWEETS“. Launched on March 21, 2006, in San Fransisco, Californa till date it has more than 330 million active users.
- There are so many social networking websites which only focuses on a particular niche, initiating particular interests of people. Myspace is one of them, it’s main focus is on connecting all the artists around the globe like musicians, actors, writers etc. with their potential and current lovers or fans. Flixer is also one of them, it is basically for movie lovers. There are many other websites also but for different interests but not for evert interests. But there is no problem in that as most of the social networks have groups created by users that helps people connect with the people of similar interests.
How to expand your Social Networks?
Along with connecting with people with similar interests, there are many other things you can do for expanding your social network. The more you get engaged in another platform of the social network, the more you will meet new people who are in a search for some things in which they are interested in and your connections will automatically increase. Many social networks have blogs through which you can showcase your interests and talents or hobbies. There are other features too like music, video, and reviews. Once you get engaged in social networking website you can discover so many things of your interest and make more and more connections through which you can see enjoy the benefits of it.
Here are the following tips for which you can grow your Social Networking Services:
- Determine Your Goals:A goal is necessary to start your journey on social networks. Questions like – Why you want to do it?, What is the Product or Servicesyou’re referring to?, Do you want to build relationships with customers and boost loyalty? Your answers to these questions affect the type of business you are going to start.
- Evaluate Your Resources:Resources like – products/services, office team, marketing team, and more. If you have the technical knowledge of creating Web sites and managing your products or services, then some of the work will become easy. Before marketing your products/services, you should have the knowledge of Digital Marketing – How products/services are marketed on the Internet.
- Audience:Every business has their own niche audience. So your business should also have one, try to figure out your niche audience and target them on Social Media, Bookmarking websites, and other platforms too. You must know clearly, what your audience wants from you so that you can provide the content they find useful and interesting.
- Unique Content:People are always in search of something unique and interesting, which blows their minds. Unique or fresh content is the best source of engaging your niche audience. You need to continually offer your audience amazing contents, which also comes in the form of Rich Media Content, Conversations and more.
- Scheduling:To keep engaging the traffic you need to continuously publish good articles and posts. When you create a schedule, it’s easier to stick to it and make sure you don’t skip your social media marketing activities each day.
At last, tell us that what strategy you have used more and how it helps you get started with Social Networking? Do not forget to share your experience with us.