What is marketing? Marketing is all about attracting customers by marketing your products and services. It involves different channels for attracting potential customers at the right time and at the right place.
However, the way of marketing products and services to customers has totally changed. With the revolution in technology, trends of marketing have changed. Now the organizations are following the new trends of marketing, known as “Inbound marketing.”
WHAT IS INBOUND MARKETING?
Inbound marketing is the new leading and popular marketing trend. The reason behind the success of inbound marketing strategy is that it focuses on providing products to customers that they love.
Inbound marketing strategy attracts customers firstly and then focus on converting them to regular customers. It happens only when companies promote right content to right customers at the right time.
The best thing that differentiates inbound marketing with traditional marketing strategy is that,
“In inbound marketing customers come to you after reading your content on search engines, social media, etc. whereas in traditional marketing organizations run towards customers”
WHY INBOUND MARKETING?
Now the question is ‘Why to use inbound marketing strategies?’
There are some reasons due to which it is fruitful for the organizations to move towards inbound marketing instead of traditional marketing. Following are the reasons of why to switch to inbound marketing:
- Inbound marketing focuses on people. It believes in understanding needs of people and then market products according to their needs
- Inbound marketing does not push products and services of the organization to people
- Traditional marketing follows one-way communication, where only the seller pushes its products to customers. Whereas inbound marketing follows two-way communication
- The major benefit of inbound marketing is that customers come to you by searching your content over the web. Whereas in traditional marketing, sellers run towards the people and push them to buy their products or services
In short, it is the right time to switch your marketing strategies according to inbound marketing. Here I have shared an Info-graphic from Branex.
Talking about the methodology of inbound marketing, it consists of four main activities. They are as follows:
- ATTRACT:Attracting the right customer at the right time at the right place leads organizations towards success. However, ‘Do you know how the organizations can attract right customers?’ It seems to an easy process but actually, it is the most important and time taking step. This step involves proper research and analysis of people. Because inbound marketing attracts only the right customers. Their marketing strategies are not for all the people. They market their products and services to only those people who are looking for it. For attracting the right people at the right time, organizations use the technique of content marketing. They attract people by marketing their content on the web and social media. Following tools are used for attracting strangers at this stage:
- Social Media
- Content Strategy
- CONVERT:The second step of inbound marketing is to convert the visitors into leads. At this stage, organizations take contact information from the visitors and provide the information about the products and services of their needs. It is the stage, where companies do much effort. Because it is the most crucial stage as organizations have to convert their visitors into customers. Therefore, the focus is given on the content quality. As it explains the quality and features of products and services. Moreover, it tells the visitors that how this specific product or service will be beneficial for them. Remember at this stage, companies provide the right information to right people to convert retain their visitors. Because after this companies have to convert their visitors into customers.
- CLOSE:Close- the stage where companies put all their efforts. It is the time to convert your leads into customers. At this stage, special techniques and strategies are used to make customers and retain them. Here at ‘Close’ stage, special business and sales tactics are used by the organizations. Following are few ways to convert the leads into customers:
- DELIGHT:Delight stage is the favorable stage for companies. At this stage, companies pay attention to how to retain their customers. By retaining old customers, companies can use them as there promoters. In other words, it is the time to convert your customers into your promoters. But you can do this only by providing new valuable information. And telling them that how your new products and services can be useful for them. For this, the company organizes special events for their valuable customers. Because companies know that:
Creating new customers along with retaining old customers is the key to success
In short, inbound marketing revolves around the “Customers”. In this, long-lasting relationships are built with customers. Quality content is provided to them so that they can know about the organization through the web and social media.
Remember that your website is the face of your brand. So keep it up to date and provide all the quality information about products and services. Because your customers will help you in creating new customers by promoting your brand. And inbound marketing is all about attracting customers and then converting them into promoters.